Dawson’s Creek Reactions
Here is an example of all my reactions to the Entertainment Weekly Dawson’s Creek cover in gifs!
Yep!!! And this was my reaction after I bought all five sets Entertainment Weekly covers featuring James Van Der Beek, Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams and Busy Phillips (#FriendshipGoals), Joshuah Jackson, and the whole fab foursome!
I have waited 20 loooong years for the Dawson’s Creek cast to actually reunite and I can’t believe it actually happened! For a minute there it seemed like Dawson’s Creek was going to be one of those forgotten teen shows but recently, there has been podcasts popping up like my favorite one Dawson’s Speak, rumors of a possible reboot, and now the cast is gracing the covers of FREAKING Entertainment Weekly!
Not only is Dawson’s Creek on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, they also have a 55-minute episode of the actual reunion! Watch it here!
Thoughts on the Reunion Episode
It was quite an emotional experience watching the whole cast actually sitting together and talk about this 20-year-old beloved show! I was so thrilled to see Meredith Monroe, Busy Phillips, Kerr Smith, and the lovely”grams” played by Mary Beth Piel in the reunion! Meredith Monroe said that the “warm fuzzies are flowing” and I couldn’t agree more!
Here is the list of my thoughts and an overall summary of the reunion episode:
1) I freaking died when James Van Der Beek said, “There is so much about Dawson that annoyed me.” LOL. We couldn’t agree with you more James!
2) I thought it was hilarious when they couldn’t recall the lyrics to the theme song, “I Don’t Wanna Wait!” Not even Kevin Williamson knows the lyrics to the song! I wish they discussed the fact that the song is not in the original opening credits anymore and was replaced with Jann Arden’s song “Run Like Mad!” This still kills my soul. #RIPPaulaColeSong
3) I loved how Mary Beth Piel stated that she enjoyed when Grams loosened up a little bit throughout the show and showed understanding towards all people. They flashbacked to the scene where she told off Ty (A very forgettable character.) not to be judgemental about Jack for being gay and that only God is the one to judge. That is one of my favorite scenes with Grams and I felt that it really summed up the heart of the Grams character!
4) They discussed the dialogue which is was sets the show apart from other teen shows! Joshuah Jackson stated that he loved how they “didn’t dumb it down.” I was always a reader but this was one of the shows that advanced my vocabulary and I still love to use the word “unequivocal” whenever I get the chance!
5) They talk about how hot Joshua Jackson and James Van Der Beek were back in the day and how so many girls mainly watched the show for them! Meredith Monroe hilariously sums it up when she says,”They all wanted to be up in your businesses!”
6) The sweet moment where Michelle Williams hugs Kerr Smith and says how much people related to the Jack and Jen ship and how he gave them a cultural reference! It so gave me the #JackandJen feels!
7) Of course, they discussed the best meme in the history of all memes!
8) Did you notice that awkward moment when Kevin Williamson was explaining his reasons for leaving the show and his movie deal with “The Weinstein Brothers?”
9) One of my favorite parts was watching Michelle Williams talk so sweetly of her fans and show so much appreciation! She acknowledges how people identified with the show and how heartwarming of a show Dawson’s Creek was and still is to so many people!
10) Now the big elephant in the room that we are all waiting for…WILL THERE BE A REBOOT?! Unfortunately, most of the cast have stated in their own way that there will not be a reboot! Katie Holmes states that she loved how the show was around pre-social media and that the show ended perfectly. Kevin Williamson feels like he has nothing left to contribute to the show but he is open to see someone else make an attempt at a Dawson’s Creek reboot! I don’t want to wait anymore!!! Bring a reboot and light up my life, please!!!!
Comment below and let me know your thoughts on the Dawson’s Creek 20th Year Reunion!